Mercer University RSA Grant
Rehabilitation Services Administration Grant
Now available for 3 semesters of Mercer University’s
M.S. in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling Program
Mercer University has been awarded a five-year Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) grant by the U.S. Department of Education. This grant will support scholarships for students recruited for Mercer’s graduate Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling program.
If you have a strong desire to serve people with disabilities (physical, mental and cognitive) as a Clinical Rehabilitation Counselor, please review the scholarship application process and requirements below to begin the application process. Candidates must be accepted into Mercer's M.S. Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling degree program before submitting a scholarship application.
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
- Selected scholars will receive three semesters of paid graduate education, as well as a stipend for books, living expenses, and partial travel expenses for conferences (some restrictions apply).
- Scholarship recipient payback requirement includes working with a state vocational rehabilitation agency for each academic year of funding received. Upon completion, the graduate will have opportunities to work in many areas including clinical practice, administration, supervision, teaching or research in the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
- Scholars must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher while receiving the scholarship.
- Part-time (6 semester hours) and full-time scholarships (9 semester hours) are available.
A candidate for an RSA scholarship must:
- Be fully admitted to Mercer University's M.S. Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling program
- Have a minimum 2.75 GPA
- Submit MAT or GRE test scores
- MAT target score: 397
- GRE target scores: 151 Verbal/143 Quantitative or higher
- Not have received an RSA scholarship/grant in the past
Scholarships are accepted on a rolling basis, but students are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered, please submit the following items:
- CV or Resume
- Letter of Intent
- Two Letters of Professional Recommendation
After receiving the documents, the scholarship committee will review the materials and schedule interviews for the most qualified candidates. Scholarship application materials and correspondence should be sent to Caroline Fernandes or Dr. Suneetha Manyam.
College of Professional Advancement Graduate Admissions
ATTN: Caroline Fernandes, Project Specialist
3001 Mercer University Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341
NOTE: This submission criteria is for the RSA scholarship application only. If you need to apply for the M.S. Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling degree program, click here.
For additional inquiries, please contact 678.547.6570.