Outside the Classroom
Criminal Justice Honor Society
Alpha Phi Sigma is a criminal justice national honor society that recognizes and promotes academic excellence, community service, educational leadership, and unity. It is the only Criminal Justice Honor Society that is a certified member of the Association of College Honor Societies. Alpha Phi Sigma is also affiliated with the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences. The society recognizes academic excellence by undergraduates and graduate students who study in this field.
Alpha Phi Sigma strives to:
- Recognize and promote high scholarship among students actively engaged in collegiate preparation for professional services
- Keep abreast of the advances in scientific research
- Elevate the ethical standards of the criminal justice professions
- Establish in the public mind the benefit and necessity of education
To become a member as an undergraduate, the student must:
- Have completed one-third of his/her total hours required for graduation at Mercer
- Maintain a minimum of 3.2 overall GPA
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.2 GPA in criminal justice courses
- Rank in the top 35% of classes
- Complete a minimum of four courses within the criminal justice curriculum
- Have declared Criminal Justice Leadership as a major or minor
Visit the Alpha Phi Sigma website for more information.