Who We Are
About the College
The College of Professional Advancement serves working adults seeking to further leadership roles in and beyond their communities. The College accomplishes this mission through distinctive interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degree programs that uniquely merge theory and practice.
There are more than 1,300 students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, professional, and workforce development certificate programs. The faculty and professional support staff commit to quality learning experiences by providing personal attention and support.
Non-traditional students achieve their educational and career goals through flexible and convenient course options. The College offers programs through in-person, interactive classes at Mercer’s locations in Atlanta, Macon, Douglas County, and Henry County. Students can also choose from online and blended classes that combine in-person and online instruction. Areas of study include:
- Applied Data Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
- Counselor Education and Supervision
- Criminal Justice and Public Safety Leadership
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Leadership
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Human Resources Administration and Talent Development
- Human Services
- Information Technology and Informatics
- Liberal Studies
- Organizational Leadership
- School Counseling
- Software Application Development and Human-Computer Interaction
The College of Professional Advancement also offers general education and elective courses for various colleges and schools at Mercer. To learn more about programs offered through the College of Professional Advancement, explore our complete list of program offerings.