Information Technology and Informatics
College of Professional Advancement
Mathematics, Science, and Informatics
Discover how to use information technology for process improvement
Informatics is a process that uses human-centered and data-driven solutions to manage a variety of systems. Mercer University’s Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Informatics (IT and Informatics) is designed for individuals interested in innovation, project management, and pursuing leadership roles in the field. The major covers programming logic, database design, and system analysis concepts. Students customize courses to align with interests and career goals through a specialized area of study and learn to:
- Create innovative solutions for various processes by leveraging modern technology
- Analyze information systems and data processing technology
- Design and integrate computer and information systems into organizational operations
- Address ethical and social aspects of information systems by applying insights based on human-computer interaction
- Develop decision theory and project management skills through project-based coursework
Designed for busy and working adults
Many of our students work, take care of families, and study, so we design our classes to meet the needs of busy adults. Keeping convenience and flexibility in mind, Mercer’s Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Informatics admits students five times per year in January, March, May, August, and October. Terms take the form of two eight-week sessions during the fall and spring semesters, and one eight-week and one four-week session during the summer semester. Convenient and flexible options are available for class sessions:
- Online: Complete the B.S. in Information Technology and Informatics fully online.
- On Campus: Students take two classes at Mercer’s Atlanta campus, one evening per week.
- Blended Format: Students have the flexibility to enroll in a blended combination of live online classes, asynchronous online classes, and evening, in-person classes.
Improve your job prospects with a career in IT and Informatics
With employment for information technology careers projected to grow 13% by 2026, graduates can consider various roles in this in-demand field. Graduates of Mercer’s B.S. in IT and Informatics can work as professionals in a variety of roles such as:
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Systems Analyst
- Information Technology Officer
- IT Analyst
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- System Architect
- Technical Consultant
Learn more about our IT and Informatics major
- Program Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Aid
- Transferring Credits
- Meet the Faculty
Ready to take the next step?
Schedule a personalized admissions counseling appointment.