Software Application Development and Human-Computer Interaction
College of Professional Advancement
Mathematics, Science, and Informatics
Acquire in-demand software development skills
The Bachelor of Science in Software Application Development and Human-Computer Interaction teaches students how to develop, create, and modify software applications. The degree program attracts students interested in combining knowledge of human behavior with theory and skills in computer science, programming, and design. Students pursuing the degree at Mercer University learn how to:
- Apply user experience and user interface (UX/UI) theories and tools to analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Use project-based learning to practice how to develop large, multi-faceted projects
- Modify software applications, create seamless user interfaces, and acquire tools to analyze user needs effectively
Designed for busy and working adults
Mercer’s course formats benefit students as they juggle multiple priorities. The B.S. in Software Application Development and Human-Computer Interaction program admits students in January, March, May, August, and October. There are two eight-week sessions during fall and spring, and one eight-week and one four-week session during summer. Convenient and flexible options are available for class sessions:
- Online: Complete the B.S. in Software Application Development and Human-Computer Interaction completely online.
- On Campus: Students take two classes at Mercer’s Atlanta campus, one evening per week.
- Blended Format: Some classes are offered in a blended combination of online and face-to-face meetings.
Pursue a rewarding career in software development
Analysts predict that employment for software development-related careers will grow 24% by 2026. In an industry where their skills are in high demand, graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Software Application Development and Human-Computer Interaction program can work in roles such as:
- Application Developer
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Human-Computer Interaction Designer
- IT Analyst
- Mobile App Developer
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Software Architect
- Software Development Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Web Developer
Learn more about our Software Application Development and HCI major
- Program Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Aid
- Transferring Credits
- Meet the Faculty
Ready to take the next step?
Schedule your personalized admissions counseling appointment.