Criminal Justice and Public Safety Leadership
College of Professional Advancement
Lead the way to protect your community
Leadership in criminal justice and public safety is essential to provide timely responses to natural disasters, ensure property protection, and address criminal activities. Mercer University’s Master of Science in Criminal Justice and Public Safety Leadership emphasizes excellence in leadership, cooperation, ethical behavior, critical thinking, and consolidated public service. This program is ideal for individuals seeking to enter or advance within the field. Students benefit from:
- Highly-credentialed faculty experienced in the public safety field
- A tailored program experience with electives in public safety-related subject areas such as deviant behavior, forensic psychology, and disaster response
- Enhanced ethical decision-making, negotiation, and critical thinking skills
- A flexible, fully online program to minimize disruptions to busy schedules
Designed for busy and working adults
Mercer understands that you have many demands on your time, and so we offer flexible classes that work with your schedule. The M.S. in Criminal Justice and Public Safety Leadership is a fully online degree program, so you can learn at your own pace. The same access to faculty and campus resources is available to students taking courses online as it is for on-campus students.
Aspire to a leadership role in criminal justice
Individuals who complete Mercer’s M.S. in Criminal Justice and Public Safety Leadership are qualified to succeed at the highest level in the field. Graduates may pursue a variety of positions and leadership roles, including:
- Chief Deputy Sheriff
- Correctional Administrator
- Disaster Relief and Emergency Response Director
- Federal Agent
- Parole Administrator
- Police Chief
- Private Security Firm Manager
- Probation Administrator
Learn more about our Criminal Justice and Public Safety Leadership program
Ready to take the next step?
Schedule your personalized admissions counseling appointment.