College of Professional Advancement
Human Services and Psychology
We understand that COVID-19 may be affecting your graduate school search process, so we have made an adjustment to our application process regarding the application fees and testing requirements. Please see admission requirements for details.
Enhance the quality of life for others as a human services professional
Helping others function to the best of their ability is a key function of human services professionals. Mercer University’s Master of Science in Human Services qualifies individuals to pursue leadership positions in the field. Students learn how to close the gap between people, communities, and resources to improve healthcare services. Two program concentrations offer specialized studies of specific populations:
- Child and Adolescent Services focuses on promoting social change by supporting and advocating for young community members.
- Gerontology Services prepares professionals to work with aging adult populations through direct services or policy administration.
Designed for busy and working adults
The M.S. in Human Services is offered at Mercer’s Henry County location in a blended format. Coursework is scheduled in a combination of in-person and online meetings that occurs over eight-week terms. Opportunities to make connections with faculty and classmates are offered across all formats, including online classes. Students can comfortably take two classes per week and maintain a work-life balance.
Pursue a role serving others
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts jobs in human services will increase 13% by 2028, creating a demand for human services professionals. Graduates of Mercer’s M.S. in Human Services may succeed in various in-demand roles such as:
- Case Manager
- Child Life Specialist
- Child/Adolescent Caseworker
- Community Engagement Specialist
- Community Service Manager
- Coordinator of Social Services
- Government Agency Supervisor
- Human Service Professional
- Mental Health Assistant
- Program Management Specialist
- Social Service Program Administrator
- Social Organization Project Director
- Welfare Case Manager
Learn more about our Human Services program
Ready to take the next step?
Schedule your personalized admissions counseling appointment.