Human Services Administration
College of Professional Advancement
Human Services and Psychology
Enhance the quality of life for others as a human services professional
Helping others function to the best of their ability is a key function of human services professionals. Mercer University’s Master of Science in Human Services Administration qualifies individuals to pursue leadership positions in the field. Students learn how to close the gap between people, communities, and resources to improve healthcare services. Advisor directed electives allow students to customize their concentration. The courses can include but are not limited to, courses in the areas of Child and Adolescent Services, Gerontology Services, and/or courses from another graduate program degree within the College of Professional Advancement.
Students may choose a concentration in Human Services Administration from the following areas:
- Child and Adolescent Services – Focus on the multidisciplinary perspective of child and adolescent development, nutrition, health, and recreational services.
- Gerontology Services – Explore the adult lifecycle and study the physical, psychological, social, intellectual, and emotional maturation of the older adult.
Designed for busy and working adults
The M.S. in Human Services Administration is offered at Mercer’s Henry County location in a blended format. Coursework is scheduled in a combination of in-person and online meetings that occurs over eight-week terms. Opportunities to make connections with faculty and classmates are offered across all formats, including online classes. Students can comfortably take two classes per week and maintain a work-life balance.
Pursue a role serving others
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts jobs in human services will increase 13% by 2028, creating a demand for human services professionals. Graduates of Mercer’s M.S. in Human Services Administration may succeed in various in-demand roles such as:
- Case Manager
- Child Life Specialist
- Child/Adolescent Caseworker
- Community Engagement Specialist
- Community Service Manager
- Coordinator of Social Services
- Government Agency Supervisor
- Human Service Professional
- Mental Health Assistant
- Program Management Specialist
- Social Service Program Administrator
- Social Organization Project Director
- Welfare Case Manager